Deadline for comments is Wednesday, October 21.
Submit comments to Katatra Vasquez at Katatra.Vasquez@science.doe.gov
Last week TCWP published talking points that could be used to help you respond to DOE’s Environmental Assessment addendum for the Horizon Center and the proposed Motorsports park.
In addition to the talking points TCWP provided, we wanted to make available resources from other organizations opposing the addendum and the motorsports park.
- OR4RD – Oak Ridgers for Responsible Development recently released Writing to the Dept. of Energy to Comment on the Proposed Motorsports Park (Racetrack)
- AFORR – Advocates for the Oak Ridge Reservation also released Key points for response to DOE/EA-1113-A2, Draft Environmental Assessment (EA) Addendum, Proposed Revitalization of Parcel ED-1 at the Horizon Center in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
- EQAB – Environmental Quality Advisory Board recently sent a letter to the City Manager in opposition of the Motorsports Park.
We encourage you to use these resources to voice your opposition to the Addendum and the proposed Motorsports Park before the Wednesday, October 21 deadline.
In addition to the commenting to DOE on Addendum, we encourage you to voice your opinion to the following city entities:
- Oak Ridge City Council: CityCouncil@oakridgetn.gov
- Oak Ridge Municipal Planning Commission: email@example.com (ATTN: Planning Commission)
- Industrial Development Board: http://oridb.net/contact-us/